Saturday, August 25, 2018

Economic concepts affects real life


Income effect
Income is one of the major factor which affects the demand, when a buyer is having low income he will spend less on the product than compared to person having high income who can buy more of that product.
If the income of the customer rises and he did not increase his consumption and shifts to a better quality product then the goods from which he shifted is called inferior goods.
For example- I had ₹100 I can buy 2 dairy milk silk of ₹50 each but if my income increases to ₹200 then I can afford 4 dairy milk silk. What if I shifted to ferrero rocher then this dairy milk silk will be an inferior good for me and by this it will lead to decreases in demand of silk.
Substitution effect
It happens when there are two goods that can be used interchangeably then both goods are called substitute goods and when the increase in price of one good increases leads to change in demand of another good, this effect is called substitution effect
For example- I went to buy a bottle of cold drink, I asked for thumbs up but the shopkeeper told that price of has increased thumbs up by ₹3 so instead I took mountain dew, but what happened was I just took the substitute of thumbs up so the demand for thumbs up went down because I shifted to mountain dew.
Utility
Utility is one of the major things for which a person buys a product, it is the satisfaction derived from the product after consumer if the product won’t give enough utility to satisfy his want a person won’t buy that product.
For example- If am thirsty I will drink water, the satisfying power of water that I derived after consuming it, but what if I was offered cold drink and water I would have chosen water because it will give me more utility when I am thirsty.
Supply- It is the quantity of product that an seller is willing and able to sell in the market, law of supply states that if the price of product rises the supply of that product will also increase and other factors remains constant.
For example- supply of thumbs up in the market, so if the prices of thumbs up increases the retailers wants to sell more of that.
Demand- it is the desire that a customer has for acquiring a product which is backed by the purchasing power of the consumer. Law of demand states that if the price of product rises the demand falls and other factors remains constant.
For example- If the price of thumbs up rises the customer will demand less for it because there are other products in the same price level.



No comments:

Post a Comment